AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connecting JavaScript XMPP client to the finesse notifications service

Question asked by nicolas.cordier@outlook.com on Jan 31, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 by dekwan

Hey everybody!

For my job, I need to design a cisco agent interface from scratch. To do this, I need to be able to listen to finesse API notifications. I found out that those notifications are pushed through XMPP (which I can retrieve fine using Pidgin just as detailed in the lab).

My problem is the following:

I have the following setup:

Client.js <=> Node.js <=> Finesse Server

I need to get Finesse notifications on the Node.js server (fetching them on the client would mean extreme and unnecessary server load).

I tried several things, but somehow, I just can't achieve to get the notifications on my Node.js server. I tried using xmpp-node library, but apparently there are no notifications pushed through it except at the trigger of the "online" event which seems to work fine. Then no "stanza" nor "data" events are ever triggered.

I then tried to do what is written in the Cisco documentation (https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesseDevGuide4.1/CFIN_RF_M692B5FE_00_managing-notifications-in-third-party-apps.html) but it doesn't seem to do anything on my side (even when trying with the client part of my application).

I'm totally confused and have absolutely no idea what to do here... Could someone give me some insight about this please?

Thanks very much!

Outcomes