AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cisco Finesse JS lib documentation? and I don't mean this [https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/guides/javascript-library/]

Question asked by ranamuhammadwaqas on Oct 25, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 by dekwan

I have been trying to understand the Cisco Finesse JS Library to implement a Gadget for Finesse. But I am unable to find any reasonable document which can make me understand what is actually going on behind the scene. let me share what I found

Cisco Finesse Webservice Guide Chapter 9

Cisco Finesse JS Lib (Doesn't make any sense)

I have downloaded a sample gadget and I am actually able to get the events on Start of a call and at the end of the call, But I don't know how it is happening for example (I'll be putting comments in code )

<code>

/**
  * Handler for additions to the Dialogs collection object. This will occur when a new
  * Dialog is created on the Finesse server for this user.
  */
   handleNewDialog = function(dialog) {

render(dialog);
   numDialogs++;

},

/**
  * Handler for deletions from the Dialogs collection object for this user. This will occur
  * when a Dialog is removed from this user's collection (example, end call)
  */
   handleEndDialog = function(dialog) {

callvars = dialog.getMediaProperties();
   var userId = user.getId();
   //alert ("value modified" +callvars["callVariable1"]);
  // decrement the number of dialogs
   numDialogs--;

PushWrapUpCode(userId);
   //render(dialog);
   },

</code>

This code has handleNewDialog and handEndDialog, There is absolutely no information about these two methods how and why these are working in any kind of document I have ever come across. I found author of the finesse.js written in the file

* Simple JavaScript Inheritance
* By John Resig http://ejohn.org/
* MIT Licensed.
*/
// Inspired by base2 and Prototype

Searched through his website John Resig - and found nothing actually I did find a word "finesse" but that wasn't cisco finesse.

I would really appreciate if someone has any document link or can explain the flow.

Outcomes