I understands the 3 step STP election process:
1) Elect root bridge,
2) Elect root port on non-root bridge,
3) Elect designated port.
However, my question revolves around the tie-breaker process regarding the Root Port and Designated Port.
Specifically, the order and if the tie-breaker is the same for both.
Please assist in drawing clarity as to the this because various text has made multiple arguments. For example:
Root Port [Decision/Tie-Breaker]-
1) Cost [Decision]
2) Lowest Sending BID (Bridge priority + MAC address) [TB]
3) Lowest Sending PID (Port priority + a Port number) [TB]
4) Lowest Sending Port Interface Number [TB]
Designated Port [Decision/Tie-Breaker]-
1) Lowest root path cost to root bridge [Decision]
2) Lowest root BID [TB]
3) Lowest sender BID [TB]
4) Lowest sender PID [TB]