AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using CMX API and authorization

Question asked by linghu258 on Jun 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 by matfarre

Dear all,

I am new to this cisco cmx and I am currently creating a mobile app to call the cmx reference API for a project.

Firstly, does anyone has a sample code or a tutorial that could teach me how to call the cisco cmx reference API ? I am currently using android studio to develop the mobile applications and I am currently having trouble in the coding area as to how to call the cmx reference API.

Secondly, apart from android studio,  I have also use  web based app developing client such as the appery.io. This is due to the fact that web based app developing client has lesser coding which is beneficiary for me as I have only couple weeks to develop this app. However, in the case of developing app on the web based develop client, whenever I tried testing the cisco cmx reference API such as the "GET: All Users in the System" it will always result in "CMX: System error".

Based on the msesandbox website, I have notice that the sample rest code provided to interact with REST API require a username and password. Thus, correct me if I am wrong, it is require to have a user authentication before enabling to call the cisco cmx reference API ? If so, how can I go about calling cisco cmx reference API on web based app developing client such as the appery.io ?

Much appreciated if anyone could help me out.  Thank You.

Outcomes