AnsweredAssumed Answered

APIC Sandboxes and API

Question asked by adam.burns1 on May 20, 2015
Latest reply on May 22, 2015 by davbark2

I'm getting started with both the Python SDK and acitoolkit for the ACIP. Using the Sandboxes I get an "Action not found" HTML response instead of JSON when trying to login. I've combed through both codebases and they're submitting credentials to /api/aaaLogin.json like the API docs say they should. I get the same behavior using curl instead of the Python libs. Ultimately getting that HTML response breaks the SDK and toolkit because they're trying to parse the response with a JSON library.

This happens with the always-on sandbox and with a reserved one. In both cases I can log in to the APIC via the web console, it's only API logins that fail.

I've turned off SSL cert verification (since the certs are self-signed) and confirmed that my Python install isn't using the deprecated SSL and TLS versions (3.0 and 1.0 I think). This happens even if you run the toolkit inside the docker image supplied with the project.

Any ideas what's wrong here? I read on one of the Sandbox pages that the unit was running a beta release of the software, but I don't see a way to select a Sandbox with a stable release nor do I see a compatibility guide for the libraries.

Thanks!

Outcomes