AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSE dropping data 5 days after a restart

Question asked by andrew_mcfee on Feb 11, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 by andrew_mcfee

I have a virtual server running MSE. For the first week or so following a reboot, the MSE tracks all devices, and I am able to query for them using the API. After a short period of time (around a week or two) the MSE suddenly stops tracking certain devices, and when I use the API to query for my device's real-time location, I get the same outdated record.

Example - MSE was restarted at end of January. I was able to track my device every day, and see the real-time location change. Sometime during 5th Feb, the MSE stopped tracking my device, and now, whenever I request realtime location, I get a record dated 5th Feb.

Cisco recommended turning down the signal level of devices so that I track less of them. We did this, but regardless, this issue still occurs every few weeks.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I am thinking here that perhaps our Virtual Machine does not have enough resources, and is periodically running out of space? We see no alerts or issues, but the MSE is dropping data after this period of 5-10 days.

Outcomes