I have a customer with one CUCM 7.1.5 cluster with +30 sites with MGCP gateways accross EMEA.
Customer also have +10 standalone sites (CME/CUCM) but this number will soon increase with more CME to be installed soon.
All sites have PSTN breakout (PRI or BRI)
Customer would like to
- enable call routing between CUCM cluster and the standalone sites trough the IP network.
- centralized dial-plan solution
Considering the following :
- No E.164 dial plan configured yet.
- No TEHO should be implemented. External calls should alway breakout localy.
- Customer has gatekeepers gws with licenses ready to be used.
- CAC must be implemented.
- No upgrade of the CUCM is acceptable (means no SAF...)
- No additional hardware or licenses is acceptable. (No CuBE)
=>What's the added value of using gatekeepers instead of configuring those standalone sites as H.323 gateways in CUCM cluster?
Without being a gatekeeper expert, I cannot see any added value or feature I would miss if I centralize all the routing on the main cluster, I could even make use of AAR which would not be the case using gatekeeper.