We have the following opportunity and need help of expereinced community experts
Below is a list of existing equipment:
- Customer currently has 2 – MCS Servers with approx. 200 – 7960 IP Phones
- 150 Analog Licenses
- Cisco Unity on MCS Server with 200 Licenses
- Cisco 3825 Voice Gateway with 12.1 IOS
- Catalyst 4507R Core and 3750 Distribution Switches 12.x IOS
- VG224 Analog Gateways 12.3 IOS
Below is proposed plan:
- Migrate Licenses using 9x3 Promo with 200 Enhanced and 150 Essential Licenses
- Add 50 CUWL PRO Licenses
- Deploy 2 UCS C-Class Servers
- If possible re-use existing Voice and Analog Gateways
- Migrate 200 Cisco Unity Connection License
We are looking at either using a full blown CUCM (1000 user node) or going with CUCM BE6000.
For the CUCM BE 6000 we need to know if this is a supported migration option.
Also regarding the migration itself we understand it a multiple step:
- 4.1 - 4.3 on same server using DMA
- 4.3 - 7.0 requires MCS Server
- 7.0 - 9.0 using new UCS appliance
We need assistance with the actual migration steps and what hardware is required apart from UCS appliance.
Also compatiability for older devices 12.1 IOS on router and 12.3 for Voice Gateway.