We have a cisco router core model: cisco 7206VXR_NPE-G1.
We recently have migrated internal mail paltform to Microsoft BPOS making a strong use of internet.
All BPOS traffic toward Internet pass trough this router.
For about 15 days we have experienced some delay in our operation trying yo access internet and BPOS.
During a diagnostic, we have observed that for a period of time of about 15 to 30 minutes the level of router processor reach a critical level of: 100%. This happens from 1 to 5 times in a day.
In a short time we are going to make use of SKYPE and UNIFIED COMMUNICATION in our internal platform so we are going planing to do two things:
- Increase the memory of the processor NPE_G1.
- it has: DRAM: 256 Mb and FLASH: 64 Mb
- next value: DRAM: 1.0 Gb and FLASH: 256 Mb
- Or, change the NPE_G1 to NPE_G2 processor.
- NPE_G1. Processor: 700 Mhz. Performance: 1.0 Mpps
- NPE_G2. Processor: 1.67 Ghz. DRAM: 1.0 Gb. FLASH: 256. Performance: 2.0 Mpps.
The QUESTION is:
¿Is enough to increase the memory of NPE_G1 processor to overcome this peak of high processor cpu? or we have to buy a new model of processor?
Thanking your sooner answer.