Announcing the General Availability of the Catalyst 3850 Multigigabit 24-port Switches
We are excited to announce the General Availability for the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Multigigabit 24-port Switches. As part of the Catalyst 3850 switches, the next generation of enterprise-class stackable switches that provide full convergence between wired and wireless on a single platform, the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Multigigabit Ethernet Switches support current and next-generation wireless speeds and standards (including 802.11ac Wave 2) on existing cabling infrastructure.
Specifically we are announcing the general availability for the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Multigigabit 24-port Switches with:
· 24-port switches with 24 ports that support 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps
· 60W of Cisco Universal Power over Ethernet (UPOE) support on all ports
· Backwards compatibility and stacking with all Cisco Catalyst 3850 Switches
· Five optional uplink modules with 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet or 2 x 40 Gigabit QSFP+ ports
· All Cisco Catalyst 3850 Switches benefits, such as:
o Integrated wireless controller capability
o Cisco StackWise-480 technology provides scalability and resiliency with 480 Gbps of stack throughput
o Cisco StackPower™ technology provides power stacking among stack members for power redundancy
o Dual redundant, modular power supplies and three modular fans providing redundancy
o Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, modular quality of service (QoS), Flexible NetFlow (FNF), and enhanced security features
o Single universal Cisco IOS® Software image across all license levels, providing an easy upgrade path for software features
o Enhanced limited lifetime warranty (E-LLW) with next business day (NBD) advance hardware replacement and 90-day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support
Cisco Catalyst Multigigabit Ethernet Technology
Cisco Multigigabit Ethernet is a unique Cisco innovation to the new Cisco Catalyst Ethernet Access Switches. With the enormous growth of 802.11ac and new wireless applications, wireless devices are promoting the demand for more network bandwidth. This creates a need for a technology that supports speeds higher than 1 Gbps on all cabling infrastructure. Cisco Multigigabit technology allows you to achieve bandwidth speeds from 1 Gbps through 10 Gbps over traditional Cat 5e cabling or above.
Cisco Multigigabit technology offers significant benefits for a diverse range of speeds, cable types, and PoE power. The benefits can be grouped into three different areas:
· Multiple speeds: Cisco Multigigabit technology supports auto-negotiation of multiple speeds on switch ports. The supported speeds are 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, 2.5 Gbps, and 5 Gbps on Cat 5e cable and up to 10 Gbps over Cat 6a cabling.
· Cable type: The technology supports a wide range of cable types, including Cat 5e, Cat 6, and Cat 6a or above.
· PoE power: The technology supports PoE, PoE+, and UPOE for all the supported speeds and cable types.
The following Cisco Catalyst 3850 Multigigabit 24-port Switches are now available:
· WS-C3850-24XU-L: Stackable 24 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps UPOE Ethernet ports, with 1100W AC power supply, 1RU, LAN Base feature set
· WS-C3850-24XU-S: Stackable 24 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps UPOE Ethernet ports, with 1100W AC power supply, 1RU, IP Base feature set
· WS-C3850-24XU-E: Stackable 24 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps UPOE Ethernet ports, with 1100W AC power supply, 1RU, IP Services feature set
· WS-C3850-24XUW-S: Stackable 24 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps UPOE Ethernet ports and 5 access point licenses, with 1100W AC power supply, 1RU, IP Base feature set