Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at Virtual
Starts at 3:00 PM · Ends on May 12, 2016 at 3:00 PM, GMT (Etc/GMT)
What's the event?
The ONUG Grand Challenge Hackathon will be a virtual event allowing developers from around the globe to participate. Cisco Systems is the exclusive sponsor of the ONUG Grand Challenge Hackathon.
The goal of the Grand Challenge Hackathon is to showcase innovation, new tools, and applications from developers across the globe that address network automation.
- Participation is open to all, including academics, DevOps, network engineers, and industry veterans.
- Programmers may write code on the platform of their choice. More details on the Grand Challenge Hackathon Registration Page. In addition, Cisco will provide simulators and technical support for those who wish to write to Cisco’s APIC APIs.
- Applications developed at the hackathon will be open-sourced and made available to the ONUG Community and industry at large via the ONUG GitHub website.
When and Where
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- February 18, 2016: Grand Challenge Distributed Worldwide with Registration opening.
- March 4, 2016: Developers wishing to participate are to submit a one paragraph abstract for consideration by March 4.
- End of day PT March 11, 2016: ONUG Judges to notify participating teams of their accepted submission
- March 18, 2016: Coding begins with final projects to be submitted by end of day PT April 4, 2016.
- End of day April 8, 2016: ONUG judges notify finalists and schedule demo via web conferencing
- End of day April 22, 2016: ONUG judges notify winning team(s)
- May 11, 2016: Winner award and presentation at ONUG Spring hosted by Intuit in Mountain View, CA