Bare-metal Server Provisioning with Cloudbyte iSCSI boot LUN.wfdx
This workflow provisions Bare-metal server with Cloudbyte iSCSI boot LUN and provides REST API integration info to fetch the info from CloudByte Storage.
Compatible UCS Director Versions:
UCS Director 5.x/6.x
Virtualization, Compute, Network and Storage
Cisco UCS Director
- Cisco UCS Director integrated with Cisco Bare-metal Appliance for OS installation.
- Cloudbyte Elastistor should be reached on management network through UCS Director
- Pre-configured Cloudbyte VSM and boot LUNs to map with servers
- Blade server should be able to communicate on PXE network.
Workflow Tasks Included:
- Fetching the list of Cloudbyte iSCSI Boot LUNs.
- Create Service Profile from template
- Creating iSCSI Boot Policy
- Associating Server
- Creating Initiator Group
- Configure PXE Network
- Installing Operating System
Download Package include:
The workflow will consist of bare-metal server provisioning along with two custom flow tasks.
- Bare-metal Server Provisioning with Cloudbyte iSCSI boot LUN.wfdx
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFDX file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed, Select 'Bare-metal Server Provisioning with Cloudbyte iSCSI boot LUN' and Then click "Next".
- Click "Submit".
- Workflow will appear in desired folder under "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment. (See Above)