This workflow provisions a new ESXi server to a UCS Server and stores the ESXi operating system in a SAN attached XtremIO LUN.
Compatible UCS Director Versions:
UCS Director 5.0.x & 6.0.x
Virtualization, Compute, Network and Storage
Cisco UCS Director
EMC XtremIO Storage
The below user inputs should be provided by user after executing the workflow.
|User Input||User Input Description|
|ESXi_Hostname||Enter new ESXi hostname|
|Select_UCS_Server||Select the physical UCS Server/Blade that will be provisioned to|
Workflow Additional Configuration:
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFDX file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed, Select 'Add_New_VMFS_Datastore_to_ESXi_Cluster_on_Vblock_7XX' and Then click "Next".
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder called 'Vblock-7XX-Validated' should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment. (See Above)