Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.1(2bPE1)
New Features and Significant Changes in Cisco UCS PE, Release 3.1(2bPE1)
- Full scale emulation of UCS Manager 3.1(2b) which features HTML 5 User Interface improvements
- NOTE: Browser focus follows UCSM when HTML5 UI is launched. HTML5 UI can be opened in a New Tab/Window if there is a need to continue viewing the PE Configuration page.
- Software and configuration features include the following:
- Disk Zoning, Chassis Profiles, and Storage Profiles for C3260 systems
- Server and Chassis equipment templates for easy addition of emulated resources
- Numerous emulator stability fixes including fixes for HW discovery across VM reboots
New Hardware Features
See the User Guide for additional details on supported Hardware. Here is a summary of newly supported Hardware:
- Cisco UCS C3260 chassis, servers, and storage controllers
- M4 B-Series and C-Series servers including HX220C and HX240C
- NVMe-based PCIe storage options
- Imported configurations should be manually checked to ensure there are no missing or unsupported components. If issues are experienced following an import, any unsupported components can be manually deleted and missing components manually added through the Equipment menu on the Navigation pane.
- Firmware Management and Firmware Auto Install have not been validated in this release.
Backup/Import of UCSM Configuration
- The Platform Emulator does not save UCSM configuration state across Emulator resets (to avoid consistency issues in UCSM configuration and the emulator HW configuration). To preserve UCSM state, UCSM backup and import operations can be performed. See an example backup/import flow here: PythonSDK for backup/restore (import) of UCSM config
Firmware Management Note: UCS PE supports uploading B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of stripped-down versions (link below). Stripped-down versions include only the firmware metadata (not the actual firmware binaries).
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)
Download Note: If you have issues downloading the attached OVA or Zip file, please try the cisco.box.com links in the attached Box_Download_Links_3_1_2bPE1.txt.zip file.
MD5 hashes for downloads:
- OVA: ecc659a8f70b22c4334be46272c6955b
- ZIP: 5d44765c7bd04e1d96e9a85436a780b1