|Task Name||Calling different workflows via LOV|
Tested on 5.5
Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
This was inspired by a question from: Patsy Pollice
This is a example of calling different workflows (Compound Tasks) from a Master workflow and or then an advanced catalog item:
Catalog A Options 1,2,3 Calls workflow ABC
Workflow ABC Task A -> Task B -> If option 1 call compound workflow/task abc1
If option 2 call compound workflow/task abc2
If option 3 call compound workflow/task abc3
The workflow execution options:
Option 1 was chosen:
Option 2 was chosen:
Option 3 was chosen:
The compound tasks: