The top-right corner of DCP includes the Notification center and DCP Control functionality. These capabilities are applicable throughout DCP and are not linked to any specific functional area.
The Notification center keeps you updated on what is happening in your work area or lists you elements that require you to take an action.
The DCP Control allows you to control or manage some essential capabilities of DCP.
The Notification Center lists items that require you to take an action and notifies you on activity that happened in your work area.
- Action requests list all elements that require your attention specifically. This can be a request for you to approve a document, take any action when a user joined one of your shared workviews ... The number below the 'red flag' icon indicates how many action request are new and have not yet been dismissed by you. Dismissing an action request means that you have read it, understands it and have taken an action upon it. You can expand to show the list by clicking on the icon.
You can scroll through the action requests. Mouse over a specific action request will highlight it in 'blue' and a 'dismiss' icon will appear. Click on it and the action request will be moved to 'Archive'. You can also dismiss all Action requests by clicking the link at the bottom of the Action requests pane.
Furthermore you will notice that if in the Left Pane Filter (LPF) you have selected a Workview and/or set the focus on a Project, separate tabs will appear that filter out those action request that pertain to the selected Workview or Project focus. This will ease navigation and understanding of which action requests are pending in context of the LPF setting.
Action requests are shown for 3 months before they get auto-deleted, both active action requests as well as dismissed action requests in the Archive tab.
- Activity notifications list all activity that happened on your work area.Your work area include all the projects to which you are assigned, or documents of which you are the author or one of the owners, workviews that you own ...
Activity notification do not require an action from you but are listed to keep you updated on what is happening.
The activity Notifications pane work similarly to the Action requests pane. The only difference is that there is no Archive tab.
So, you can delete individual Activity notifications are all at once. But once deleted, they cannot be retrieved.
Note: Future implementation will also include extended 'Discussions' capability and generic 'News'. These icons are greyed out and have yet to be implemented.
Right from the Notifications center you have a few additional capabilities. It allows you to control or manage some essential capabilities of DCP.
- The 'Search' capability allows you to search DCP uploaded documents, from any functional area. This is detailed out in a separate article.
- 'Contact Management' allows you to list your favorite contacts, both Cisco employees as Cisco customers and optionally group them in Contact-groups. Anywhere in DCP, where you need to list users, you can then select from your aggregated contact-list or from your created Contact-groups. This is detailed out in a separate article.
- 'Preferences' lists some settings that can be preset to ease your navigation. This is detailed out in a separate article.
- 'User guide' opens up a separate browser tab to this User guide. It shows initially the table of content from where you can further navigate to the articles of your interest.
- 'Feedback' allows you to rate DCP and leave a comment, using the 'InTouch' Cisco corporate feedback mechanism.
Related articles :