A. The ACI Toolkit is a set of python libraries that allow basic configuration of the underlying Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC). It is intended to allow users to quickly begin using the REST API and accelerate the learning curve necessary to begin using the APIC.
A. The ACI Toolkit requires Python version 2.7.x
A. There are two ways to download the toolkit, the first method is to get it from the github repository:
or, it can be downloaded as a zip and extracted from:
After downloading, install using setuptools:
python setup.py install
A. Yes, you can find API doc here.
A. The acitoolkit defines the fabric configuration using a set of policies that describes the application logical topology. This logical topology is defined using a set of objects that are defined below:
· Tenant is the root class within the acitoolkit object model hierarchy. All of the application topology configuration occurs within a Tenant.
· AppProfile is the Application Profile class. It contains the configuration for a given application.
· EPG is the Endpoint Group class. This is the object for defining configuration that is applied when endpoints connect to the fabric.
· Context is the class representing an L3 namespace (roughly, a traditional VRF in Cisco terminology).
· BridgeDomain is the class representing an L2 forwarding domain (roughly, a traditional VLAN). It is associated with a single Context.
· Subnet is the class representing an L3 subnet. It is associated with a single BridgeDomain.
· OutsideEPG is the class representing an EPG that connects to the world outside the fabric. This is where routing protocols such as OSPF are enabled.
· Contracts define the application network services being provided and consumed by EPGs. EPGs may provide and consume many contracts.
· Taboos define the application network services that can never be provided or consumed by EPGs.
· FilterEntry contained within either a Contract or a Taboo. Defines the traffic profile that the Contract or Taboo applies.
ACI is supported on the Cisco Nexus 9000 series of switches.
Yes, there is a tutorial and other samples included with the download.