Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.1(1ePE1)
To download the Platform Emulator, please go to the downloads page (login required)
New Features and Significant Changes in Cisco UCS PE, Release 3.1(1ePE1)
- Unified release supporting all platforms and components (e.g., UCS Classic, UCS Mini, and UCS Modular Servers)
- UCSM 3.1(1e) with HTML5 (Java version still available)
- Emulation of full scale configuration (same scaling as UCSM 3.1(1e))
- Dynamic insertion, removal, and modification of components without restarting the Platform Emulator
New Platform Emulator GUI Features
- Single "Inventory" Navigation Pane with expandable Equipment menu
- Icon based control and menus in the Content/Work Pane (see User Guide for icon descriptions and functions)
- NOTE: Browser focus follows UCSM when HTML5 UCSM is launched. HTML5 UCSM can be opened in a New Tab/Window if there is a need to continue viewing the PE Navigation Pane.
New Hardware Features
See the User Guide for additional details on supported Hardware. Here is a summary of M4 and 3rd Generation Fabric Interconnect Hardware:
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect 6332
- Cisco UCS Mini Fabric Interconnect 6324
- Cisco UCS I/O Module 2304
- Cisco UCS Fabric Extender C2348
- Cisco UCS Blade Server Chassis 5108
- Cisco UCS M-Series Chassis 4308
- Cisco UCS B200/B420 M4 Blade Server
- Cisco UCS Scalable M4 Blade Module (2S/4S)
- Cisco UCS C220/C240 M4 Rack Server
- Cisco UCSME M4 Modular Server
- Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1340/1380
- Cisco Rack Server Adapter VIC 1387/1385
- Imported configurations should be manually checked to ensure there are no missing or unsupported components. If issues are experienced following an import, any unsupported components can be manually deleted and missing components manually added through the Equipment menu on the Navigation pane.
- Firmware Management and Firmware Auto Install have not been fully validated in this release. See below for additional information on Firmware Management using metadata files.
Firmware Management Note: UCS PE supports uploading B-Series, C-Series, and M-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of stripped-down versions (link below). Stripped-down versions include only the firmware metadata (not the actual firmware binaries).
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)