|Task Name||UCSD - RedHat Satellite Server Integration|
Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
Many thanks go out to Kevin Chua and Ryan Criss.
Information and back ground:
The attached UCSD content contains seven (7) various tasks that were created to get a newly provisioned VM (from customer template) to be assigned to the Red Hat Satellite server and get it’s Puppet manifest executed. All of the custom tasks leverage appropriate UCSD Credential Policies (I.e., common credential policy for newly provisioned Vms, and then a credential policy for the Satellite Capsule server).
At the time of development and test of these tasks, this was written to UCSD 220.127.116.11 and Red Hat Satellite API access is via HTTP.
The task called “Satellite CreateHost” will create a JSON Payload and then perform a REST PUT operation. Whereas the task called “Satellite RetrieveIDs”, performs multiple REST GET operations and parses the JSON response for an “id” value that is passed as outputs.
The other tasks are SSH tasks that will perform CLI commands on the appropriate host vm. These tasks execute CLI commands with sudo since the customer has locked down their environment. Additionally, the more complex commands that require variable substitutions are variable strings.
The custom workflow tasks:
The API Guide Used: