|Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:|
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
Occasionally in UCS Director you will find yourself in a case where a task requires an input of one type, but the data came from another task in a different "type". Sometimes this isn't a big deal as the data is correct, it's just a type problem. Other times, the information you need is in the data, but the actual format is incorrect. This custom task is for one of these cases.
In UCS Director, there are several "types" that relate to VMware Port-Groups from vCenter. There are types for dvPortGroups, stdPortGroups, and a Generic Port Group. Each of these represent the data slightly different, which means you can't just interchange them. I recently ran into a case when working with ACI automation where the Task to Add vCenter to an EPG has an output of the dvPortGroup, but I needed that information as a Generic PortGroup to create a new VDC based on the ACI structure. To resolve this, I built this custom task which decodes and converts the data to the right format.
The attachment includes a sample workflow using the task, and the task itself.