Perform manipulations and checks on strings in UCS Director workflows
Validated on UCSD 188.8.131.52
Result of operation
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
See attached document “UCS Director – String Pack”
The workflow also includes a sample Unit Test script that can be used to validate the custom task against different releases of UCS Director. The Unit Test workflows are marked as Compound Tasks so the Test Suite task can run all of the tasks to simplify testing.
Prefix a string to a variable
Start as the third character and extract the next two characters from the hostname