APIC API Command
Send XML/JSON to Application Policy Infrastructure Controller
Validated on UCSD 126.96.36.199
Application Centric Infrastructure
Result of operation
Provides custom task to send/retrieve information from an Application Centric Infrastructure Controller using XML or JSON.
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
See attached document “UCS Director – APIC API Command”
The workflow also includes a sample Unit Test script that can be used to validate the custom task against different releases of UCS Director.
Also contains tips on finding APIC API calls.
Use Post/Get operations to send/query the Application Policy Infrastructure Controller.