Cisco UCS Platform Emulator (2.2(5a))
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator Release 2.2(5aPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- Added Haswell CPUs to the catalog.
- Added support for the following Blade Servers:
- Cisco UCS Scalable M4 Blade Module for UCSB-EX-M4-2 Blade Server.
- Added support for the UCSC-PCIE-Q8362 network adapter.
- Added the following templates for UCSB-B420-M4, UCSC-C460-M4, UCSB-EX-M4-1 and UCSB-EX-M4-2 servers:
New Software Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(5aPE1) includes the following new features:
- Added support for time zone management.
- Added support for scaled mode for UCSB-EX-M4-2 blade server
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)