|Task Name||OVF deployment / passing attributes to vCenter|
Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
Both Workflow Task1 and Workflow Task2 do the modification of VM property attribute.
Workflow Task 1(Modify vDC VM Property Attribute.wfdx):
By using this workflow we can modify the attribute of existing VM.
For this task we have to give the below Inputs
- 1.Select vDC
- 2.VM Name(Existing VM name)
Workflow Task 2(VMWare OVF Deployment Clone.wfdx):
By using this workflow we can deploy the new OVF(creating the new VM) and modify the property attribute of created VM.
For this task we have to give the below inputs
- 1.Select vDC
- 2.OVF URL
- 3.VM Name
- 4.user Name
Workflow Task3(Print VM Properties.wfdx):
By using this workflow we can print all properties of VM.
For this task we have to give the below input
- 1.VM Name
Please find the below default keys(created by our UCSD while deploying the OVF) for the corresponding properties.
If you want to change the property of “mgmt-ipv4-addr” have to give the key as 2 and value as your input.