Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1)
The UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) is a platform release that ONLY supports the 6324 Fabric Interconnect based domains. No other Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) will work with this UCSPE.
New Hardware Features
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:
- Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server (UCSB-B420-M3)
- Cisco UCS B22 M3 Blade Server (UCSB-B22-M3)
- Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server (UCSB-B200-M4)
- Cisco UCS C220 M4 Rack Server (UCSC-C220-M4S/L)
- Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server (UCSC-C240-M4S/L/S2/X)
- Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1340 (UCSB-MLOM-40G-03)
- Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1380 (UCSB-VIC-M83-8P)
- Cisco Rack Server Adapter VIC 1227 (UCSC-MLOM-CSC-02)
- Changes in the UCS Platform Emulator VM Console
– Modifications to the VM Console login
– Modifications to the VM Console Options Menu
– Modifications to the Network Settings
– Modifications to the System Settings
– More details added to the Status Summary display
Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1) has the following limitations:
- In the UCSM component topology, the link between the rack server and fabric interconnect is shown as down.
- Firmware version of components in UCSPE is not visible on the Cisco UCS Central.
- Disconnecting of the servers by unconfiguring their server ports does not impact the server state.
- We recommended that you check the imported configuration on the Control Panel to ensure there are no missing components or unsupported components. Unsupported or missing components can impact discovery and it is out of the limitation of the UCSPE catalog that such a scenario can occur. We suggest you delete the unsupported components and add the component manually on the Control Panel. Occasionally, import of rack servers might fail.
- Live import of the configuration is possible only with the UCS Mini and not with other versions of the Cisco UCS Manager.
NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles. Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries. The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.
- Download UCSPE Firmware Bundles: UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)