|Description||I’ve just finished creating custom workflow tasks for integration into Infoblox Grid Manager. The attached workflows request the next free IP address from an Infoblox network range. A host is then registered as a DNS host record for that address. Rollback is also integrated. There is also a ‘delete record’ workflow task too.|
|Category||Workflow (and tasks)|
|Components||It has a custom task and sample test workflow..|
I've updated the 'Infoblox_Get_Next_Available_IP' workflow task so that it also retrieves the network comment field from the Infoblox Grid Manager and have named it 'Infoblox_Get_Next_Available_IP_v2'. New workflow task attached.
|Please find attached a modified set of workflow tasks (InfoBlox_Workflows_UCSD_5_4_0_0_plus.wfdx) for use with UCS Director 188.8.131.52 and beyond. These are not compatible with UCS Director releases prior to 184.108.40.206.|
Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFD file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow.
This could be combined with Orf’s 'VM with IP Input' tasks to provide VM creation with IP supplied by Infoblox.
Pictures speak louder than words, so here you go:
Infoblox IPAM configured networks:
Next free address for network 192.168.55.0/24:
Workflow ‘Infoblox Register New Host’:
Addendum to this awesome work by Russ...
In case the comment field in Infoblox contains the VLAN number, the number can be pulled out as well (version 2). This in turn could be used to assertion the vSwitch in UCSD for the VM (VM Deployment with USER IP INPUT)
NOTES for 5.4 Plus tasks from Russ.....
Important the comment field has to be filled out!!!!
Password masking Notes:
The log file before a little fix up:
The log after the fix up:
Here are the steps to mask the password in the log:
The custom task both columns have to have the password classification enabled:
Here is the place to enable that:
In the workflow properties section the password type has to be set: