|2.0||Uploaded newer version of workflow which is validated on UCS Director 5.2 release (Note: If workflow version 1.0 is already configured on UCS Director 5.1, it should work fine even after upgrading the UCS Director to 5.2)|
This workflow provisions a new NFS Datastore to ESXi Cluster running on Vblock 3XX Converged Stack. Before provisioning a new VMFS Datastore on an ESXi Cluster, this workflow checks the current RCM (Release Certification Matrix) score of a Vblock 3XX from VCE Vision IO and continues only if the RCM score is equal or greater than the defined score.
Compatible UCS Director Versions:
UCS Director 5.1 (Workflow Version 1.0)
UCS Director 5.2 (Workflow Version 1.0 and 2.0)
Virtualization, Compute, Network and Storage
Cisco UCS Director
VCE Vblock 3XX with Vision IO
- The Vblock 3XX Infrastructure components (VMware vCenter, Cisco UCSM, Cisco Nexus 5Ks, MDS Switches (If any), Cisco Nexus 1000v & EMC VNX Storage Array) are added into UCS Director
- VCE Vision IO VM is deployed and configured on Vblock 3XX
- ESXi Cluster is configured and each ESXi host is configured with VMkernel Interface for NFS Storage Access.
- The VNX Datamovers are configured with NFS Storage Access Interface.
- VNX Disk Volumes or Stripe Volumes are pre-created.
Workflow Tasks Included:
- Get Compliance Score for a Vblock POD
- Create VNX Volume (Slice Volume)
- Create VNX Volume (Meta Volume)
- Create VNX File System
- Add VNX NFS Export
- Select ESXi Cluster (Custom Task)
- Mount NFS Datastore
The below user inputs should be provided by user after executing the workflow.
|User Inputs||User Input Description|
|VBLOCK_POD||Select Vblock 3XX POD for checking RCM Compliance Score|
|DATASTORE_NAME||Enter ESXi Datastore Name|
|DATASTORE_SIZE (MB)||Enter ESXi Datastore Size in MB|
|SELECT_VNX_DISK_OR_STRIPE_VOLUME||Select VNX Disk Volume or Stripe Volume for ESXi Cluster NFS Datastore|
|SELECT_ESXI_CLUSTER||Select ESXi Cluster to which the Datastore is being added|
The Admin Input values are pre-defined in the workflow by the admin user. Edit the Workflow properties, go to user inputs section and modify the below inputs appropriately.
|User Inputs||User Input Description|
|MIN_VBLOCK_COMPLIANCE_SCORE||Enter minimum RCM compliance score for a Vblock.|
|VNX_ACCOUNT||Select VNX Storage Account|
|ESXI_CLUSTER_NFS_STORAGE_SUBNET||Enter NFS Storage Access Subnet of ESXi Cluster (Ex: 192.168.100.0/24)|
|VNX_DATAMOVER||Select Datamover on which the NFS Datastore Filesystem is created|
|VNX_DATMOVER_IP_ADDRESS||Enter VNX Datamover IP Address on which NFS Export is created (Please make sure same Datamover is selected inside 'Create VNX File System' task.)|
Workflow Additional Configuration:
After configuring the admin inputs, open the workflow using workflow designer and modify the below "TASKS" with appropriate user inputs. (Note: In upcoming versions, the below inputs should be able to configured as admin input values as well)
- Create VNX Volume (Create VNX Slice Volume for Datastore): Open the Task ---> Click 'Next' ---> Click 'Next' ---> Select EMC VNX Account, Click 'Next' ---> Click 'Submit'
- Create VNX Volume (Create VNX Meta Volume for Datastore): Open the Task ---> Click 'Next' ---> Click 'Next' ---> Select EMC VNX Account, Click 'Next' ---> Click 'Submit'
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFDX file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed, Then click "Next".
- Click "Import".
- A new folder called 'Vblock-3XX-Validated' should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment. (See Above)