|2.0||Uploaded newer version of workflows which are validated on UCS Director 5.2 release (Note: It has few enhancements to support UCS Director 5.2 specific features which include Name Policy for vDC's system policy and Linked Clone storage option under vDC's storage policy.)|
This workflow creates a new Group or Tenant and a new vDC for the Tenant in UCS Director on a Vblock 3xx/7xx infrastructure.
Compatible UCS Director Versions:
UCS Director 5.1 (Workflow Version 1.0)
UCS Director 5.2 (Workflow Version 2.0)
Virtualization, Compute, Network and Storage
Cisco UCS Director
VCE Vblock 3xx/7xx
- A vDC profile is pre-created. The vDC profile consists of compute, network, storage, system and other optional policies similar to a normal vDC. It is used as a template to create a new vDC for a new Tenant. Please refer UCS Director documentation 'How to Create vDC Profile for more information.
- ESXi Cluster is pre-configured.
- A VMFS/NFS ESXi Datastore is pre-configured.
- A Static IP Pool policy for new Tenant is pre-created. Please refer UCS Director documentation 'How to Create Static IP Pool' for more information.
- vDC profile's network policy is created only with one vNIC configuration (Note: This workflow is limited to configure only one vNIC per VM)
- vDC profile's system policy is created for either Linux or both Linux and Windows Images.
Workflow Tasks Included:
- Add Group
- Create Resource Pool
- Tenant_vDC (Custom Task)
The below user inputs should be provided by user after executing the workflow.
|User Inputs||User Input Description|
|VBLOCK_POD||Select Vblock 3XX POD for checking RCM Compliance Score|
|ENTER_GROUP_NAME||Enter Group Name or Tenant Name|
|ENTER_GROUP_ADMIN_EMAIL||Enter Group Admin Contact Email Address|
|SELECT_VDC_PROFILE||Select a vDC Profile Template to create a new vDC|
|SELECT_ESXI_CLUSTER||Select ESXi Cluster on which the vDC resources created or selected|
|SELECT_PARENT_RESOURCE_POOL||Select Parent Resource Pool on ESXi Cluster|
|SELECT_DATASTORE||Select a Shared Datastore on ESXi Cluster|
|SELECT_NETWORK_PORT_GROUP||Select a DVswitch Network Port Group|
|SELECT_IP_POOL||Select IP Address Pool for VM Access in a vDC|
|ENTER_WIN_DOMAIN_NAME||Enter Windows Domain Name to join the Windows VMs to Active Directory|
|ENTER_DOMAIN_ADMIN_USERNAME||Enter Windows Domain Admin UserName to Join the Windows VMs to Active Directory|
|ENTER_DOMAIN_ADMIN_USER_PASSWORD||Enter Windows Domain Admin Password to join the Windows VMs to Active Directory|
The Admin Input values are pre-defined in the workflow by the admin user. Edit the Workflow properties, go to user inputs section and modify the below inputs appropriately.
|User Input||User Input Description|
|MIN_VBLOCK_COMPLIANCE_SCORE||Enter minimum compliance score for a Vblock.|
Workflow Additional Configuration:
- None (The task inputs can be customized as per user requirements)
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFD file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed, Select 'Create_New_Tenant_and_vDC_On_Vblock_3XX or Create_New_Tenant_and_vDC_On_Vblock_7XX' and Then click "Next".
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder called 'Vblock-3XX-Validated or Vblock-7XX-Validated' should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information specific to the environment. (See Above)