vCenter Data Center / Cluster / ESXi node add 1 - n / Host Profile Creation
Add more ESXi Hosts to Cluster with Host Profile
1 workflow will create the following
Adding ESXi host #1 to the cluster
Creating a host profile from host #1
Adding ESXi host #2 through N
2 workflow will create the following:
add ESXi node 3 through n to the cluster and apply the host profile from workflow #1
|User Inputs||vCenter - DC name - Cluster name - IP for ESXi host|
Instructions for Regular Workflow Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFD file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFDX file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed. Then click "Next".
- Click the "Select" button next to "Import Workflows". Click the "Check All" button to check all checkboxes and then the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment.
Step by Step vCenter Datacenter and Cluster Creation:
Input into workflow:
The workflow execution with loop to add the nodes to the cluster from the list:
The result in UCSD:
Adding more host nodes to the Cluster from the catalog:
Execution with loop:
Result in vCenter:
Result in UCSD:
Filter examples to filter by Cluster:
In the global variables for the workflow select filter:
In this case there are 3 clusters, but the desire is to filter by all Dallas Clusters:
Result at workflow run time:
PDF is attached: