We are pleased to release Cisco IMC Plugin 0.9.3 for Nagios
Nagios is an open source computer system monitoring, network monitoring and infrastructure monitoring software application. Nagios offers monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications, and services.
The solution provides end-user with two components.
- The first is the Nagios monitoring plugin script (cisco_imc_nagios) which will provide end-user with the capability of monitoring the Cisco IMC of standalone UCS C-Series Servers.
- The second is an add-on to the Nagios, which will provide end-user with the capability to auto discover Cisco IMC of standalone UCS C-Series Servers and create the host definitions in Nagios . It also creates the service definitions for the services defined in the configuration file. By default, the "Check Rack Servers" service is defined in the configuration which uses the cisco_imc_nagios script to calculate the health of the servers. For servers which are not healthy, it gives the associated faults and their details. For servers which are healthy, it givs the inventory details.
Supported Nagios Releases:
This plugin is supported on Nagios version 3.2 and higher versions.
Supported Cisco IMC Releases:
This plugin is supported on Cisco IMC Releases 1.5 and 2.0.
What is new in release 0.9.3?
- Capabilities to generate performance statistics of different IMC components.
- "onlyFaults" flag has been changed to "faultDetails", this flag shows detailed fault info when run with inHierarchical flag.
- Short options for parameters "--inHierarchical" i.e. “–R” , "--useSharedSession" i.e. “–S” and "--faultDetails" i.e. “-F” have been added.
Auto-Discovery Add-On Enhancements:
- IP Ranges can now be provided while discovering IMC Domains.
- Auto-Discovery script gets CLI arguments to provide IMC details.
- Option to keep previously discovered IMC domains when re-running Auto-Discovery.
- CLI flag which provides option to disable the default host-group creation.
- Short options for multiple CLI parameters.
Important Note regarding Backward Compatibility:
If you are using the add-on and upgrading from an older release of plugin to release 0.9.3 or above, you must re-discover all the domains using the new add-on to create new service definition files as the 'onlyFaults' flag in 'cisco_imc_nagios' script is changed to 'faultDetails'.
How to upgrade from release 0.9.1 to release 0.9.2 or above:
1. Run the attached migrate.py to migrate from 0.9.1 release structure to the new structure.
2. Uninstall previous version of Cisco IMC python SDK and install Cisco IMC python SDK release 0.7.1.
3. Follow the installation procedure mention in the user guide to upgrade to release 0.9.2 or above.
What is new in release 0.9.2?
- Installer script for easy installation and uninstallation of the solution (plugin and add-on).
- Cisco IMC connection optimization
- Support for Cisco IMC release 2.0 and Cisco UCS C3160 rack server
Releases 0.9.2 and above are compatible with only Cisco IMC Python SDK 0.7.1 or higher versions.
Refer to the attached user guide for installation and usage details.