|Task Name||Port Group Security Policy Custom Task|
|Description||Custom task for changing Security Parameter of Distributed Virtual Portgroup of a Virtual Machine.|
|Compatible UCS Director Versions||UCSD 4.1.X.X|
1. VM Name - Name of the VM for which the portgroup security setting you need to change.
You must change the following security setting parameters:
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file to your computer. Note: Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. The unzipped file ends up with an extension .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has the system admin privileges.
- Choose Policies > Orchestration, and then click the Custom Workflow Tasks tab.
- Click Import Tasks.
- In the Import Tasks dialog box, click Browse and choose the downloaded file for upload. Click Upload. A successful file upload message appears.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- The Save Tasks window displays the task exported time, task exported username, and comments provided when the task is exported. The imported task details appear in a table format.
- Check the Overwrite if the task exists with same name check box to overwrite the existing task with the imported task.
- If this check box is unchecked, a new task will be added with a number (n) to make the name unique.
- Click Import.
- The custom workflow task is imported and is immediately available for use in the workflow.
- Create a basic workflow. For more information, see the Creating a Workflow section in the Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Guide, Release 4.1.
- Add the imported workflow task to the workflow. For more information see the Adding Tasks to a Workflow section in the Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Guide, Release 4.1
- In the Workflow Task Basic Information Screen, enter the following details:
- vCenter IP
- Virtual Machine name
- Parameter Values
- Click Submit
- Double Click on the Workflow and Workflow Designer opens
- In the workflow designer window, Click the Execute Now button. A service request is created for the Workflow
- You can verify if the disk is mounted on a virtual machine in one of the following ways:
- Log in to UCS Director, choose Organization > Service Requests. Select the service requet ID and click View Details.
- Log in to VMWare vSphere > Virtual Machine Name and check the Settings of the Virtual Machine.