|Task Name||Storage vMotion Custom Task|
|Description||This task is used to migrate the Virtual machine disk files from one datastore to another on the ESX host. The difference between vMotion and Storage vMotion is that: vMotion moves a VM from one ESXi host to another ESXi host and retains the storage location of the VM, and Storage vMotion changes the storage location of the VM and moves it to another datastore on the ESXi host. The VM data files can be moved to any datastore on the ESXi host which includes local and shared storage.|
|Compatible UCS Director Versions||UCSD 4.1.X.X|
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file to your computer. Note: Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. The unzipped file ends up with an extension .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has the system admin privileges.
- Choose Policies > Orchestration, and then click the Custom Workflow Tasks tab.
- Click Import Tasks.
- In the Import Tasks dialog box, click Browse and choose the downloaded file for upload. Click Upload. A successful file upload message appears.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- The Save Tasks window displays the task exported time, task exported username, and comments provided when the task is exported. The imported task details appear in a table format.
- Check the Overwrite if the task exists with same name check box to overwrite the existing task with the imported task.
- If this check box is unchecked, a new task will be added with a number (n) to make the name unique.
- Click Import.
- The custom workflow task is imported and is immediately available for use in the workflow.
- Create a basic workflow. For more information, see the Creating a Workflow section in the Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Guide, Release 4.1.
- Add the imported workflow task to the workflow. For more information see the Adding Tasks to a Workflow section in the Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Guide, Release 4.1
- In the Workflow Task Basic Information screen, enter the following details:
- VM Name – Name of the VM which will be moved to other host.
- New Hostname – IP address of the target host server.
- vCenter IP – IP address of the Vcenter server.
- Username - Username of UCS Director.
- Password - Password of UCS Director.
- Datastore name - Name of the target datastore.
- Click Submit.
- Click the workflow, the workflow designer opens.
- In the workflow designer window, click the Execute Now button. A service request is created for the workflow.
- To verify the process, do the following:
- Choose Organization > Service Requests.
- Double-click the service request ID or click View Details after selecting the ID.