case insensitive search for listXxx

Version 1
    This document was generated from CDN thread

    Created by: Jan Seynaeve on 31-01-2012 05:15:27 AM
    Hello all,
     
    I would need a case insensitive search from the listXxxx actions. Is there any way to do that, or would the only way be coding this in and do 3 searches for UPPER/LOWER/FirstUPPER (those are the ones i need, anyway)?
     
    Thanks already,
    Jan.

    Subject: RE: case insensitive search for listXxx
    Replied by: David Staudt on 10-02-2012 04:50:43 PM
    You can use a variation of the below via executeSqlQuery to get more control over queries:
     
     
    <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.5">
       <soapenv:Header/>
       <soapenv:Body>
          <ns:executeSQLQuery sequence="1">
             <sql>select userid from enduser where UPPER(userid) like 'CUP%'</sql>
          </ns:executeSQLQuery>
       </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>
    -----------------------------
    <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
       <soapenv:Body>
          <ns:executeSQLQueryResponse xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.5">
             <return>
                <row>
                   <userid>cupuser1</userid>
                </row>
                <row>
                   <userid>cupuser2</userid>
                </row>
             </return>
          </ns:executeSQLQueryResponse>
       </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>

    Subject: RE: case insensitive search for listXxx
    Replied by: Jan Seynaeve on 12-02-2012 03:56:48 PM
    ok, might work, but i'm pretty much staying away from the SQL. The SOAP interface is already complicated enough, I'd like to spare myself of learning all internal tables ;-)
    (it's not only for looking up users, but also for pretty much anything else ...)

    Subject: RE: case insensitive search for listXxx
    Replied by: James Wagner on 13-02-2012 12:19:50 PM
    ok, might work, but i'm pretty much staying away from the SQL. The SOAP interface is already complicated enough, I'd like to spare myself of learning all internal tables ;-)
    (it's not only for looking up users, but also for pretty much anything else ...)

     
    While it is of course up to you what approach you take, I'd suggest looking twice at using SQL.  The AXL interface from what I've seen is very picky and more than a little tempermental.  I opened a thread on here about a problem I was having with an AXL call and still haven't received any response a week later, but I was able to figure out how to do what I needed using SQL.  It's not the way one *should* do the task at hand, and I view it as mildly ridiculous that the AXL interface is so quirky, but it works.  I didn't have to learn all of the internal table structures, only the small parts of the one I was interested in.