Directory XML Service crashes on Cisco 69XX with SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0

Version 1
    This document was generated from CDN thread

    Created by: Julien GIRARD on 07-09-2011 11:23:37 AM
    The CUCM version is 8.5.1.12900-7 and there is only 1 server in the cluster.
    The URL of my service is :  http://@IP:81/XmlDirectory/StartPage.aspx?name=#DEVICENAME#
    - When my service is configured in "enterprise parameters / URL Directories", it works (with http://@IP:81/XmlDirectory/StartPage.aspx).
    - When my service is configured as "Standard IP Phone Service" in CUCM, it works.
    - When my service is configured as "Directories" in CUCM, it does not work.
       The IP Phone freezes (only hard reboot possible) when you select the service in the Directories Menu.
    If this service is configured without #DEVICENAME# in the URL, the phone does not freeze but the service does not work properly because it needs to recover the devicename.
    This service works properly on IP Phone 79XX with firmware 9-2.
    I think it is the particular firmware SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0 who is affected because with SCCP69xx.9-1-X-X everything works fine.
    There is no trace from the back of the phone when you select the service in the Directories Menu (after submit).
    When I put the service URL into web browser and change the #DEVICENAME# with a 69XX name, it works.
    Have you ever heard something about that (may be a bug in firmware SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0) ?
    Best Regards,
    Julien.

    Subject: RE: Directory XML Service crashes on Cisco 69XX with SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0
    Replied by: Gordon Ross on 08-09-2011 03:25:42 AM
    I've seen the exact same problem. I've downgraded my 69xx series phones back to the the 9.1 firmware, and they're now fine.

    If you look at the release notes for 9.1, they claim that the XML parser is broken - yet it's working for me.

    I'm getting a TAC case logged over the bug in the 9.2 69xx firmware.

    When I get the bugID (& if I remember !) I'll post it here for reference.

    GTG

    Subject: RE: Directory XML Service crashes on Cisco 69XX with SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0
    Replied by: Florian Kroessbacher on 03-12-2011 03:23:48 PM
    Hy
     
    we have the same issue with the 7940/60 phones.
    On the Service Button all works, but if you do the same as directory Service the #DEVICENAME# wasn't replaced.
    We opened a tac case, but they said that this is an Documentation Problem and on the Directory Button this shouldn't work.
     
    So we change our code to get the IP's and Device Name from the RIS Port and then we look at the IP to get the DeviceName
     
    cheers Floh