how to solve error 302

Version 1
    This document was generated from CDN thread

    Created by: Meng Yao on 16-12-2008 01:59:44 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I encountered a problem when i was trying to send a AXL SOAP request to my call manager server 10.10.5.6.

    The following is my code:

    POST /axl/ HTTP/1.0
    Host:10.10.5.6:8443
    Authorization: Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Accept: text/*
    Content-type: text/xml
    SOAPAction: "CUCMB ver=6.0"
    Content-length: 427
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <axl:getPhone xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0 http://10.10.5.6/schema/axlsoap.xsd"
    sequence="1234">
    <phoneName>SEP001C58CD398D</phoneName>
    </axl:getPhone>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    Then, I got the response information:

    HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    Location: https://10.10.5.6:8443/axl/
    Content-Length:0

    I just cannot figure out what is wrong here. Do you have any idea or experience about this issue?

    Thank you very much!

    Roger

    Subject: Re: how to solve error 302
    Replied by: David Staudt on 16-12-2008 03:23:25 AM
    It appears the HTTP post is missing the Port (8443). HTTP 302 is returned, as AXL indicates you should retry the request on Port 8443. Example of a correct POST from the developer guide:

    POST :8443/axl/
    Host: axl.myhost.com:8443
    Accept: text/*
    Authorization: Basic bGFycnk6Y3VybHkgYW5kIG1vZQ==
    Content-type: text/xml
    SOAPAction: "CUCMB ver=6.0"
    Content-length: 613

    Edited by: David Staudt on Dec 15, 2008 10:25 PM

    Subject: Re: how to solve error 302
    Replied by: Meng Yao on 16-12-2008 06:35:24 PM
    Hi David,
    Thank you very much! But after change my code like the below, i got a 400 error "invalid URI". What is wrong with the code?
    POST: 8443/axl/ HTTP/1.1
    Host: 10.10.5.6:8443 (or Host axl.myhost.com:8443)

    Authorization: Basic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Accept: text/*
    Content-type: text/xml
    SOAPAction: "CUCMB ver=6.0"
    Content-length: 427
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <axl:getPhone xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0 http://10.10.5.6/schema/axlsoap.xsd"
    sequence="1234">
    <phoneName>SEP001C58CD398D</phoneName>
    </axl:getPhone>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    Thanks,

    Roger

    Subject: Re: how to solve error 302
    Replied by: David Staudt on 16-12-2008 09:51:16 PM
    Well, I copied/pasted the XML portion of your last POST, and it worked fine against my CM6 (using SOAPui.) Nothing wrong with the XML.

    The only remaining discrepancy I can see is that the content-length seems short, perhaps the request is getting truncated...

    Subject: Re: how to solve error 302
    Replied by: Meng Yao on 16-12-2008 11:27:13 PM
    Hi David,

    Thanks! I think maybe something goes wrong with my method to send a AXL request. Could you take a look at my process to send an AXL request and give me some suggestions?

    The following is my process:

    1. type "telnet 10.10.5.6 80" in command prompt (10.10.5.6 is the ip address of my call manager server)

    2. After that I get a blank command prompt with the title "Telnet 10.10..5.6"

    3. Then I post the following AXL command into the blank prompt, terminating with two new lines.

    POST: 8443/axl/ HTTP/1.1
    Host: 10.10.5.6:8443
    Authorization: Basic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Accept: text/*
    Content-type: text/xml
    SOAPAction: "CUCMB ver=6.0"
    Content-length: 427
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <axl:getPhone xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0 http://10.10.5.6/schema/axlsoap.xsd"
    sequence="1234">
    <phoneName>SEP001C58CD398D</phoneName>
    </axl:getPhone>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    Actually I got an error information(error 400 invalid URI), but I just want to make sure if my process to use AXL is right. Please tell me your ideas. Thanks!!

    Roger