We are pleased to announce the release of Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite version 2.1.1
Cisco UCS PowerTool suite is a set of PowerShell modules for Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC and Cisco UCS Central that helps in configuration and management of Cisco UCS domains and solutions.
Key Features in Release 2.1.1
- New cmdlets added to interact with the Cisco UCS Hardware and software Compatibility List (HCL) tool
- Support for new features in UCS Manager Release 3.1(2)
- Support for new features in Cisco IMC Release 2.0(10), and 2.0(13)
- Support for new features in Cisco UCS Central Release 1.5
- Support to launch KVM session using both in-band and out-of-band management IP addresses in UCS Manager PowerTool
- Enhancements to ConvertTo-UcsDSCConfig cmdlet to support reading from the log file and to generate the corresponding configuration
- Support to launch UCS Manager HTML GUI
Key Features in Release 2.0.2
- Support to upgrade from Release 2.0.1
- Enhancements to Get-UcsSoftwareImageList cmdlet:
- Support for -AllReleases switch parameter. This parameter enables to retrieve list of all the available images in cisco.com for the selected device type
- -Version parameter is not supported from this release onwards
Key Features in Release 2.0.1
- Unified installer—Supports unified installer for installing the Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco UCS Central, and Cisco IMC PowerShell modules
- Cmdlets for new features in UCS Manager Release 3.1.1
- Cmdlets for new features in Cisco IMC Release 2.0.9
- Cmdlets for new features in Cisco UCS Central Release 1.4.1
- Cisco.UCS.DesiredStateConfiguration Module which has custom resources for managing Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco IMC using Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration(DSC)
- Cisco UCS core module with cmdlets for features or actions common to all modules
Your scripts written using PowerTool 1.x will break due to module name changes.
Known Issue: Connections to Cisco IMC running 3.0(1) firmware fails from Cisco IMC PowerTool. Cisco IMC 3.0(1) release uses TLS 1.2 version which is not supported in the current version of the UCS PowerTool Suite.
Workaround: Before making a connection to the Cisco IMC using the Connect-Imc cmdlet add the following line in the script.
[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol =[System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Ssl3 -bor [System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls -bor [System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls11 -bor [System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12
- Download Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite Version 2.1.1(Requires Cisco.com login)
- Release Notes for Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite 2.x
- Installation and Configuration Guide for Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite 2.x
- User Guide for Cisco UCS Manager PowerTool
- User Guide for Cisco IMC PowerTool
- User Guide for Cisco UCS Central PowerTool
- Cisco UCS PowerTool Scripts Index
We are also on Slack - slack requires registration, but the cisco-ucs-powertool channel on powershell team is open invitation to anyone to register here. Once you join the powershell slack team you can join cisco-ucs-powertool channel here
Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at email@example.com@cisco.comfor support questions and firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for roadmap questions and feedback.