We are pleased to announce the release of Cisco UCS Director 4.1. This release is now available for download on Cisco.com.
Links to download this release are as follows:
Relevant documentation for Cisco UCSD 4.1 release can be accessed as follows:
Refer to this link for all documentation: Cisco UCS Director Documentation
The Cisco UCS Director 4.1 release delivers new scalable architecture/deployment model, several key features, major enhancements, Open Automation, SDK and bug fixes. The following is a complete listing of the features in UCSD 4.1 release:
Platform Enhancements Include:
New architecture/deployment model for increased scalability
- Multi-Node architecture with one Primary node, one or more service nodes to offload system tasks, one node for Remote Inventory DB, one node for Remote monitoring DB.
- Increased scalability to support up to 50,000 VMs and 5000 physical devices
- VM Parameter Monitoring Policies
- System tasks remote execution, enhancements, Service Node policies
Custom Workflow Orchestration tasks
- Provides ability to add new Workflow Tasks with well-defined inputs & outputs
- Implementation of the logic is done through a script
- Custom Tasks can be managed through
- Once a custom task is properly created, there is a no inherent difference in behavior for ‘Built-In Tasks’ and ‘Custom Tasks’.
- Future releases will support PowerShell
o Custom Tasks are exportable & importable among systems
- Policies -> Orchestration -> Custom Tasks
- Display all Workflow inputs/outputs in Service Request to admin user
- Display/Edit Workflow input/outputs at the time of Service Request approval for admin user.
- Ability to set Workflow user inputs as mandatory or optional.
- Ability to resubmit a failed or cancelled Service Request with inputs changed (Workflow user inputs and Workflow tasks input/outputs)
- Ability to create/cross launch workflow inputs while adding/modifying tasks.
- Open Automation supports following features
- Register Feature Controller
- Add Tasks to System Scheduler
- Register Connectors
- Converged Stack Builder
- Resource Computers (Group Resource Limits)
- Stack View Provider
Open Automation Developer Guide
Examples for all supported features
- REST API Browser Enhancements
Improved API coverage – Over 700+ new APIs added.
REST API Browser Enhancements
Support for the 700+ newly added APIs.
Legacy (JSON) APIs supported.
Java sample code generation ‘Tab’ added.
URL generation added
- Java SDK Enhancements
- Support for the newly added APIs.
- Examples to showcase the usage.
- How to Create, Update, Delete objects
- How to retrieve data, submit/cancel Workflows etc.
- Support for the newly added APIs.
- Java docs for all the supported API’s
- Reformatted and improved Developer Guide for REST API
- CloupiaScript & Custom Tasks
- CloupiaScript Guide with Examples
- Custom Tasks Guide
- Example Custom Tasks
- Examples for Accessing and Creating Reports
Support for VSG based Application Container Support
- PNSC Management
- Add PNSC account, Collect PNSC inventory, provide inventory reports
- Support for Firewall Policy with Zones, ACLs
- VSG based Application Container support
- Support for new VSG Applications Container
- Deploy VSG in HA/Standalone mode
- Register VSG with PNSC
Device Connector Enhancements Include:
UCS Manager Integration – Enhancements
- Provisioning of Local Disk Configuration Policy, Maintenance Policy
- Workflow task to add/remove VLAN from vNIC Templates,
- Workflow tasks to add VLAN to a vNIC of a Service Profile,
- Workflow tasks for Server Pool Management
- Allows to assign a Blade or Server Pool to a Group
- Workflow task for cloning Service Profile and Service Profile Template
- Associate Service Profile Template to Server Pool through task and action
Support for UCS Central Integration
- Inventory Collection for UCS Central account discovers Domains, Domain Groups, Domain Group Policies, and Registration Policies.
- In addition, for every UCS Domain, discovers inventory for UCSM including Fabric Interconnects, Chassis, and Servers.
- Provisioning of Local/Global Service Profiles and Service Profile Templates
- UCSM account can register/unregister from UCS Central
- UCSM Policies can be set as local/global policies
Support for CIMC 1.5 (Double Peak)
- UCS-D now uses XML API to communicate with C Server.
- Enhanced Inventory Collection using XML API.
- Added reports for Storage Adapter, VIC Adapter, Network Adapter
- Added support to launch KVM Console of C Server through UCS-D
- Support for Bare Metal Provisioning with Local Boot and FC SAN Boot.
EMC VMAX Integration – Enhancements
- Fast Policy – CRUD operations, Associate/Disassociate Storage Group from Fast Policy
- Storage Tier – CRUD operations, Add/Remove Disk Group to Storage Tier, Add/Remove Thin Pool to Storage Tier
- FAST Controller – Display Status, Display/Update parameters/settings, Enable/Disable Fast Controller
- Data Dev – CRUD Operations
EMC VNX, VNX2 Integration – Enhancements
- Support for EMC VNX2 Series Storage
- New Models supported: 5400, 5600, 5800,7600
- Asset Discovery and Inventory Reports, Orchestration Tasks & Actions
- CRUD Operations on
- CIFS Server
- CIFS Share
- File System Quota
NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP (C-Mode) – Enhancements
- CRUD operations on:
- CIFS Servers, Shares, ACL
- Snapshot policy, schedule, Restoring files
- iSCSI initiators
- Quota on Volume, Qtrees
- Clone LUN
- DNS, NFS, LIF, Cluster Node configuration
- Provisioning VM through VSC CMODE storage
- Vserver Peering
- Cluster Peering
- New Context Mappers
Hyper-V Support – Enhancements
- Support for SMB 3.0 and SMIS(LUN) based storage providers.
- Tasks for add/remove SMB 3.0/LUNs from Host/Cluster
- Support for SCVMM 2012 R2.
- SMT for SCVMM 2012 SP1 and SCVMM 2012 R2.
- Support for Host Power Actions.
- Web and RDP Access for VMs.
- Stack View Support for Advanced Networking features in SCVMM 2012 SP1 and SCVMM R2
Network Provisioning - Enhancements
- New Device Support
- Nexus 1110
- Nexus 6K
- Nexus 9K
- MDS 9250i
- N1K HA inventory
- Enhancements in SAN Zone tasks
- A new task to create San Zone/Delete San Zone.
- A new task to create San Zone Set / Delete San Zone Set.
- A new task to Add/Remove San Zone members.
- A new task to Add/Remove San Zone Set members
- A new task to Add/Remove the Device Alias.
- Ability to provide Device Alias and Zone Set names
- Enhancements in SSH Task
- Support for handling error scenarios
- Support to return command output
VMware Integration – Enhancements
- Report Enhancements:
- Data Store Monitoring reports: Disk latency, IO throughput and IOPs, Total capacity, Used Capacity, Provisioned capacity and Over commitment ratio, Virtual Machine's .vmdk Disk Latency report
- vSphere 5.5 support
- Apply target vDC policies when moving a VM across VDCs
- Policy Enhancements:
- vDC System Policy Time zone options list and support all regions
- vDC Storage policy for VMware with thin provisioning option (Flexibility)
- IP Pool policy for defining Static IPs
- Flexible vDC Network policy for different set of VM network requirements
- New VMware tasks/actions Enhancements:
- Create VMKernel port group on a standard VMware vSwitch.
- Removing an ESXi host from Distributed vSwitch
- VM Cloning task + Guest OS Customization
- VM Select Task
- Ability to hot add more CPU & Memory to VMs.