The contact center came into being nearly 25 years ago and is now the de facto communication channel for organizations to connect with their customers. A lot has changed since then. And there’s much more change to come with mobility, big data, collaboration, and the Internet of Everything making their collective mark on the user experience.
Recently Paul Stockford, founder and chief analyst of Saddletree Research, and I discussed the evolution of the contact center and our predictions for what’s next. You can listen to the Future of IT podcast episode via iTunes.
Our top predictions:
- Companies will rise to meet the best levels of customer service being set by companies like Amazon and Zappos
- Business- to-business and internal contact centers will increase
- Data will be a huge part of customer service interactions
- Customer service will call you before you even know you have a problem
- The human element will be critical once again
The bottom line is customer service is never going to go out of style, but those companies who can get ahead of the trends, to deliver the avant garde user experiences, will be the winners.