Cisco provides the IOx Sandbox for your usage. You may click the link to access it directly, or follow the steps one by one below (currently it is not available yet). The IOx Sandbox environment is meant to be a IOx node for developers to play with ioxclient, Fog Director and deploy your applications. Please note it is not a replacement for a real IOx node (such as IR829). There are several limitations today such as the physical serial interface, etc.
The steps for how to reserve IOx Sandbox and use it.
- Login to https://developer.cisco.com/site/iot/
- Access “Sandbox” and ---> click on “Get started”, Or you may go to the link of "CloudShell - Sandbox Lab Catalog" directly.
- You should see the title “IOx”. Click it to see the instructions, and click the “reserve” tab for reserving IOx-CAF for your usage.
- You will get several mails with the VPN usernanme/password and how to accessing the Sandbox.
- Install Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client software.
- Put the AnyConnect: devnetxxxx.cisco.com with the username/password to access IOx Sandbox VPN.
- And got to https://IP_ADDRESS:8443/ for Local Manager with the specific username/password.